Today marks 7 years since I started up my silly little blog. I always call it that “my silly little blog”. But the thing is, it’s not actually that silly. This platform became a huge part of my life and the crazy thing is, I never really saw it coming. I’ve almost reached 1,000 posts, worked with hundreds of brands, and there’s no plan to slow down anytime soon. In a matter of fact, quite the contrary – more on that another time though…
For those of you that don’t know, I set up Strawberry Squeeze when I was working in an SEO agency. A group of us decided we’d all give it a go and see if we could get our websites to the top of Google. NEVER did I imagine that years later my blog would be on page 1 of Google for “UK Lifestyle Blog” and enable me the financial freedom to quit my job and start my own agency with a safety net.
Coincidentally, today marks 4 years since I quit my job and set up my own digital marketing agency. I only noticed today that the anniversaries are the same. Spooky!! 👻
Money, freebies and international press trips are undeniably a great perk, but honestly, there’s SO much more that blogging has given me that doesn’t include $$$. I’ve met some incredible people, learnt to code, and it’s been an amazing creative outlet. I’m so honoured that hundreds of thousands of people actually read my ramblings and keep coming back. I’m working on some really exciting collaborations right now and planning some blogger training because I’ve had a ton of enquiries recently, so keep your eyes peeled.
In the meantime, to celebrate my blog turning 7, I’m sharing some of my most popular posts:
- How I Built a 6 Figure Business From Home (And You Can Too)
- Being a Digital Nomad: How I Spent a THIRD Of The Year Travelling
- Today Marks 2 Years Of Sobriety And Here’s 39 Reasons Why That’s Awesome
- Tips For Getting Around Southeast Asia (+ Some Honeymoon Snaps!)
- We Tied The Knot: Our Pinterest Inspired Manor House Wedding In Cornwall ❤️💍
- How We Transformed Our Garden With Less Than £100, And You Can Too!
- 51 Crazy and Fun Things To Do in Tokyo, Japan
- 5 Yoga Poses To Reduce Muscle Stiffness For Surfers
- 7 Social Media Tips To Help You Land Your Dream Clients
- Freelancing Myths Busted: The Pros And Cons Of Being Your Own Boss
- 3 Things I’ve Learned Since Starting my Own Business
- #BossBabe: Learning How To Be A Boss In Everyday Life
- A Blogger’s Guide HMRC: Declare Your Income And Expenses
- FAQ: Traveling Around Europe In a Van With Our Dog!
- 2 Month European Road-trip In Our Van (with Our Dog!): Travel Diary
- Van Life Tour: Our Custom 1999 Hyundai H100 Van Conversion
- HOORAY – WE’RE GETTING MARRIED!!: The Engagement Post
- I Made These 3 Tiny Changes and it Transformed My Everyday
- Hangover Anxiety: Remembering We’re Not Alone
- Why You Should Stop Comparing Yourself To Others