When it comes to working up a sweat, sometimes it’s good to go back to the basics. Stacy Berman, founder of Stacy’s Bootcamp in NYC created a full-body, no-equipment needed, cardio circuit workout that targets the entire body and blasts calories in only 20 minutes!
“The great thing about these exercises is that they can be modified to be more or less challenging and they can be done anywhere,” Stacy says.
Try her heart-healthy workout which combines cardio and strength training exercises. To do the circuit, perform each exercise for one minute each followed by one minute rest, and repeat the complete circuit four times:
Squat Thrusts:1. Start in a standing position.
2. Squat and place the hands on the floor.
3. Jump the feet back so you are in a full push-up position. Shoulders and chest are directly above the hands.
4. Jump the feet forward and stand.
High Knees1. Start in a standing position and begin the motion by running in place.
2. Get the knees up as high as you can, the thighs should hit parallel to the floor.
3. Be gentle on your feet.
4. Keep the abs contracted.
Mountain Climbers:1. Start in a push-up position with one foot closer to the hands.
2. Keep the hips in line with the shoulders the entire time.
3. Using your core, jump the extended foot closer to the hands as the other one extends back.
4. Get a rhythm and stick with it.
Walk Out with Jump Squat:1. Start in a squat position.
2. Place the hands on the floor and walk them forward so that you are in a full push up position (shown in transition above).
3. Walk your hands back towards the feet.
4. When you reach the squat position jump as high as you can.
5. Land into a deep squat position.
6. Be gentle on your feet when you land.