- 1 large courgette, diagonally sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 6 firm plum tomatoes, halved
- Fiesta Marinade Halzephron herb farm
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets, about 150g/5oz each
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, peeled, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup piri-piri sauce or other hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas 6/fan oven 180C. Spread the courgette, onion, pepper and tomatoes in a shallow roasting tin, and pour the Fiesta Marinade over the vegetables . Season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper and prepare to pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Slash the flesh of each chicken breast 3-4 times using a sharp knife, lay the chicken and marinade with piri-piri sauce. Cover the tin with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the tin. Return to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes until the vegetables are juicy and look tempting to eat and the chicken is cooked through (the juices should run clear when pierced with a skewer).
Enjoy! We served our Piri-Piri Chicken with Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables with sweet potato chips!