I absolutely love Easter time! It’s a holiday associated with lots of pretty things like pastel colours, pretty spring flowers and sweet bunny rabbits. Oh, who am I kidding? I just love all the chocolate! If you are considering hosting an Easter party this year here are my eggcellent ideas for the ultimate occasion.
I would advise doing a search on the web for “Easter party food” as you will find a huge amount of inspiration for delicious and creative dishes. It’s a great time to have fun with the ingredients and presentation of your food. Easter is a colourful holiday so get lots of fresh veggies and fruit in there.
Here are just a few of my favourite Easter dishes:
- Crudité of carrots, peppers, radishes and other spring veggies with dips. I love serving these in tall shot glasses or pretty paper tubs with the dip at the bottom so that my friends can easily nibble on them as they please. They are also really healthy and will look bright and beautiful on your table.
- Boiled eggs with asparagus and Parma ham dippers. These are great if you have kids coming. But I’m certain the grown ups will love them too!
- Garlic and rosemary roasted leg of lamb with potatoes and spring greens. Spinach and feta filo pastry pies for the vegetarians.
- Carrot cake cupcakes, Portuguese egg tarts and chocolate cake! Yummy!
The table decorations
Your Easter table should be bursting with bright colours and fun decorative touches. Here are some ideas that will get your creative juices flowing:
- Create a centrepiece with a long wooden plant container and fill it with lovely spring blossoms such as crocuses and daffodils.
- Tie napkins with twine and pop in a delicate and sweet smelling flower, such as lavender.
- Give your guests little party favours to take away with them. You can order some Easter decoration gifts from giftsfromhandpicked.co.uk.
- At dessert time, fill vintage china teacups with earth, moss and spring flowers, or just an assortment of chocolate eggs. Arrange these sporadically on your cake stand full of delicious treats and bring to the table.
The fun and games
An Easter party isn’t complete without a game or two (even when there are no kids involved). There are many traditional games that can be adapted to either adults, children, or both. Here are just a couple of examples:
- Easter egg hunt. Depending on your guests, you can make it as extreme or simple and as easy or difficult as you like.
- Decorate your Easter eggs. Don’t just think your usual pens and paints. Gold leaf, glitter, stencils and decorative paper will make this activity a lot more fun and creative. And these masterpieces can be used to decorate your home for weeks to come (as long as they are hollow!).
I hope this article has inspired you to host a fun and beautiful Easter party. Please let me know about any ideas you have!