The skin is not only the external image we have, but is also one of the organs that influence too much on health and the regulation of body temperature. Because of this, it is essential that all year round will provide some care to keep it always healthy, especially in the winter due to temperature changes, cool wind, food and pollution can do to our skin suffers dryness, redness, irritation and peeling up.
So, we have taken on the task of compiling the top 10 tips to care for your skin in winter.
Absolutely LOVING Deliciously Ella Rose, Lime and Cucumber wash and moisturiser c/o Neal’s Yard Remedies 😍
1. Moisturise your skin after taking a bath several times during the day, especially the hands, knees, elbows and face, they are the most dehydrated. You can also use Body Milk products, body lotion or moisturiser.
2. Exfoliate your skin at least once a week, this way you can get rid of all the dead cells and keep your dermis smooth and healthy.
3. Do not forget to wash your face at least morning and night, this can enhance the absorption of creams and promote oxygenation.
4. Make sure the temperature is adequate, both in your home and in your office, experts recommend that the heater is placed between 20 and 21 degrees Celsius. This is so that the skin does not dry out.
5. Remember that your diet is also essential for the health of your skin, eat foods rich in vitamin C and do not forget to take 2 litres of water a day.
6. In winter, cream makeup can be a great ally, as it does the effect of a “second skin” that helps protect your skin. If your skin is oily, you can find makeup with oil free creams.
7. Your weight strongly reinforces recalls the ups and downs that can reduce the firmness of your skin, keep a balanced diet and exercise.
8. Even though the weather is cold and the sun is not as in summer, it is important not to let use sunscreen to protect your skin from UV rays.
9. Using moisturising, regenerating and nourishing masks is ideal for this winter time of year. You can apply 2 or 3 times a week.10. Do not stop exercising, as well as help you stay in shape, health will significantly improve your skin by increasing blood flow and oxygenation.